Feeling more spring in my steps these days!





Hello! 

It's been a while and we've been up to a few things so I thought I'd write another blog post. I am feeling so much better than the last time I posted. We've traveled to Key West, FL for a much needed vacation and this month we took a road trip to see friends The days are starting to get busy again with things I want to do instead of with medical appointments. It feels great to be able to do the things I love again - but I can tell that I have not done them for almost a year! I have started jogging, and doing yoga, step aerobics, and very light weight lifting. 


It's been about 9 months since my final chemo and my energy levels are at about 70% of my old pizzaz. By the end of the week I am usually worn out, going to bed early and sneaking in a nap or two depending on how much I have been doing. Someday I should have most or all of my old energy back, it just is going to take more time. They say it takes at least a year to recover from chemo, so there's still some recovery time ahead of me. I am trying to remind myself that slow and steady wins this race, there's no need to push myself to do more than I can do. 

Just a few weeks ago I was able to spend an afternoon working on a sweetheart wings necklace with my friend Jill. She's an instructor at a local fine arts college and was so kind to help me with this project. I got the wings from Tim a few years ago, but didn't have the materials or the know-how to turn the sweetheart wings pin into a pendant. Jill gave me guidance and helped with the design, materials, and patina process. I am proud to say that I was able to do almost all of the work on it! It's so cool to know I have made something out of this wonderful gift that Tim gave me. The final piece will be in silver, but I plan to keep the copper pendant because I like the color combo! I wish I had more time in San Antonio to improve my jewelry making skills. If anyone in the PNW knows of a metal smithing program or shop that takes students who are not pursuing a BFA please let me know!

  

Now on to the most important thing... how is my hair?! I am happy to report that it is getting longer and is still curly! It flattens out when I wear a beanie and you can really see the length coming in. It still feels strange to me to see short curly hair when I look in the mirror. But I do love it and it's fun to know what I look like with a short style and curly hair. I am going to grow it out, but am glad to know that I can return to this style if I want to! 


We hope you're doing well! It sounds like things are 100% a go for our move to Washington this summer. Just some logistical fun to work out such as moving a cat across the country, finding a place to live, and fitting in a family reunion in Montana for my grandpa's 100th birthday. We should roll out of Texas in early July if all goes well. 



Popular posts from this blog

Chemo complete! Now time to take a break...

Information about Tim "Donnie" Walberg's Retirement

Good news - No Radiation Necessary!