Chemo round 3 complete - round 4 this week!


 The hair is hanging in there!

I am through round three of chemo and will have round four this week. This is the last round of doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide - that's a bright spot and something to look forward to completing. But I would be lying to say that I am looking forward to treatment. Today (Tuesday the 20th) was the first day where I feel like I have normal energy. During the past rounds I have hit this day 7 days after chemo. That's definitely a sign that my body is winding down and chemo is taking it's toll. A few other signs include a suppressed immune system, continued hair loss, some canker sores, and a few aches and pains. 

Knowing that I have these things now makes me feel a bit worried about the 3 months of treatment I have left. I don't know how I'll react to the next medicine, but the two I am on right now are definitely beating up my body in terms of energy and the other side effects I am having. They are definitely tolerable, but you know what would be better? Not having side effects. ;)  

I had a toxicity check appointment before my treatment a couple of weeks ago and the docs said I am doing great. That's another win! They said keep up what ever I am doing - so here's to hoping I can keep the magic potion up, what ever it is! I'll chalk it up to the prayers, thoughts, healing vibes and positive attitude that you are all sending my way. It makes a difference to me and my spirits are lifted when I hear from you. So thank you for the texts, calls, emails, and snail mail. 

Beyond cancer island, Tim has been hard at work in our yard. He's cleaned up the flower beds, replaced our citrus and olive trees that got zapped in the snow storm with new trees, and aerated the yard. We're ready for the summer and are hoping to see some avocados, persimmons and figs this year. Maybe even an apple or two. It would be nice to get to enjoy some fruit from our garden this year - fingers crossed the trees decide to produce! 

Well, I think that's it for now. Thank you again for all of your kind words, well wishes, encouragement, and support. We think the world of you and hope that you're doing well. Sending love from Texas!

- Nicole and Tim

Popular posts from this blog

Chemo complete! Now time to take a break...

Information about Tim "Donnie" Walberg's Retirement

Good news - No Radiation Necessary!