Bad news - Chemo is on the list of things to do

Tim and I have been feeling really good about things lately. We've been thinking about our upcoming move, if that has to happen, and the timing of the other surgeries that I will have this year. We survived the Snow-apocalypse of 2021 in Texas with electricity, water, and stylish snow suits - enjoying cooking on our camp stove in the kitchen and deciding which emergency meal to try the day that we didn't have electricity. 

Snowsuit and snowman time in Texas!

But then we got a call from my oncologist and he shared the news that chemo would be beneficial to me. And since then our lives have been filled with phone calls, appointments, and another surgery. Yesterday I got my port inserted - a small device that lets me receive chemotherapy drugs without having to start an IV in my arm - and next week I will start treatments. I will be on a three medicine treatment over a 5 month time period. The meds that will be given to me on a bi-weekly or weekly basis are:

A side effect of these treatments is that I will lose my hair - but you know me, I am not going down without a fight. Tim's sister Tarah, and my cousin Jen recommended that I look into cold cap therapy to try to keep my hair. Although my cancer regimen is supposed to be the toughest to combat with cold capping, I am going to give it a whirl. I mean, why not? What do I have to lose besides my hair? For now I am going to have to do the capping myself which could either keep me entertained while in the chemo lounge, or it will drive me crazy. I hope that I have the tenacity to keep up with the schedule of changing out the caps every 25 minutes. Wish me luck!

That's the update for now - we hope you're all doing well!

Love, Nic and Tim

Popular posts from this blog

Chemo complete! Now time to take a break...

Information about Tim "Donnie" Walberg's Retirement

Good news - No Radiation Necessary!