I am happy to report that I had my first surgery last Thursday and am feeling good! This was not the big surgeries that I have to have - Those will happen later on in the spring once COVID has simmered down . Instead, this was my care team squeezing me in to remove the tumor to keep it from growing and to grab a lymph node or two to see if my cancer has spread there.
It will be a few more weeks until we know if I have to have chemo, radiation, or hormone therapy. Prayers and fingers crossed that there are no cancer cells in the lymph nodes! I think that will reduce the intensity of the treatment I will have to have this year.
Tim and I are so thankful for the village of friends that we have here in San Antonio. This would be a really rough ride without them. My good friend Alicia was my surgery day battle buddy, and I am so thankful for her. She kept my mind off of the surgery through great conversation, humor, and wit. From getting me to the hospital to making sure I was doing well that night and the next day she was there for me. Thanks Alicia! :)
Tim came home as soon as he could on Friday and spent the long weekend here. It was really great that he was able to come home. We enjoyed some good food and got the house set up for me to manage on my own for the next few weeks. Tim is finishing up training - I am so excited for him to meet this goal. Once he's done he'll be back down here for the rest of my care.

Tuxedo Kitty (TK) and I are holding down the fort. I am mostly eating cake and other delicious things in leopard print pajamas... because why not? TK is mostly eating cat treats and reminding me that he would prefer canned food instead of dry food.
Lots of family, friends, and neighbors have pitched in to check in and say hi, send a funny text, take out the garbage, offer a meal, or a lovely bouquet. Thank you for making each day bright! Once we have more of an understanding of my surgery schedule we'll organize a way for people to pitch in if you want.
I will post more when there is another update to share - it might be a while before that post happens. I anticipate things to be pretty chill while we're waiting to know more about my treatment plan and for COVID to calm down here.
Sending love your way!
Nicole